Author Topic: Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island -Roll call!!  (Read 6042 times)

The Rally Point

• Booshway
    • View Profile
    • www.therallypoint.org
We've decided to start these check in threads so new members can see who, and where TRP.org members are coming from..and add them to our Member Group.   

Please post here so you can be added the correct TRP member group.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 07:40:40 am by Jamie Young »

Old Gaffer

• Blue Ridge
    • View Profile
looking at the practical effect of laws
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 12:24:15 pm »
Greetings One and All,

I live in Maryland, and my wife (also a shooter and gun owner) and I are seriously considering retiring to New England in a few years.  We're very interested in the practical effects of the various state's gun laws - not so much what they say, but what do the courts and various law enforcement agencies think they MEAN.  We will ultimately weight the gun laws and tax laws and see where our personal best interests lie, but the first step is gathering information and various Good Folks' opinions.

All the best,
Rob

lens

• View Profile
Old Gaffer,

Do NOT consider MA under any circumstances!

Taxes will kill you and our gun laws are only slightly better than DC and NJ!

Consider NH, no income taxes, can own any gun you want and can afford. NO licenses to possess any guns (including full auto), only a "shall issue" permit required ONLY for concealed carry. Very few restrictions on where you can't carry. Permit only costs $10.00 for Residents ($20 for NRs).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 09:46:12 pm by lens »

res2cue

• View Profile
Just a quick note to say hello from Rhode Island!

gpsxplr

• View Profile
Hello from Berwick Maine

massgunclubs.org

• View Profile
Re: Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island -Roll call!!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 08:33:42 am »
Hello from the "Peoples Republic of Massachusetts". i am a member of several organizations, treasurer for my gunclub, pro-gun advocate, and possible future governor of massachusetts.

nh_outdoorguy

• View Profile
Hello from Lincoln NH.