Author Topic: Mayflower - Arkansas Game and Fish Commission Shooting Range  (Read 15180 times)

Agent Smith

• Referee
  • Policy Enforcement Officer
Mayflower - Arkansas Game and Fish Commission Shooting Range
« on: September 02, 2008, 09:55:41 pm »
Mayflower - Arkansas Game and Fish Commission Shooting Range, 574 Clinton Rd., Mayflower, AR 72032.
Phone: 501-470-9904
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol, Outdoor Rifle, Skeet
Range Access: Public
Web Site: www.agfc.com/wma_lakes/agfc_shootingrange.html

tncnsailor

Re: Mayflower - Arkansas Game and Fish Commission Shooting Range
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 10:51:53 pm »
If you don't like the AGFC range, check out Shoothouse USA on Hwy 64E in Conway, AR, it's great

JohnKSa

• Referee
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 09:48:22 pm »
Thanks!  I'll make another entry for that range so folks can find it more easily.
Do you know what the TEXAS State Rifle Association does for you?

Griffworks

• Learning Something New Every Day
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 09:57:23 am »
Something not mentioned here is that the Mayflower Range website information isn't accurate. The website states that: 
Persons bringing loaded firearms to the range will be barred from shooting for one business day and may be cited. Firearms are considered loaded if shells or cartridges are in the chamber, magazine or cylinder. Removable magazines and cylinders may be loaded as long as they are locked separately from the firearm.
The sentence in Bold above is not true. There are signs at the range which state the correct policy - No magazines, cylinders or clips may be loaded. It doesn't matter if they're locked separately or not. They are quite adamant about that and you'll have to unload all magazines prior to entering the parking lot, definitely before approaching the range safety officer (RSO). I've hears that the RSO's will strictly enforce violations and make you leave the range, tho have never witnessed it myself.