Author Topic: TheRallyPoint at LRGC- Saturday August 26th  (Read 14026 times)

The Rally Point

• Booshway
    • www.therallypoint.org
TheRallyPoint at LRGC- Saturday August 26th
« on: July 05, 2006, 06:24:45 pm »
*Updated* 8/20/06 Please read

Appleseed clinic details have changed.  Please see details below.

TheRallyPoint

Date:  Saturday August 26th,, 2006
Place:  www.lrgc.org in Southeaster Pennyslvania (just North of Philadelphia)
Time: 9am-5pm

Rally Point events and socializing will be going on at the:

Pistol range:  15yds-25yd
Pistol/rifle range:  50yd
Big Bore rifle range 100yd-200yds
2  fields for shooting trap

Food and drinks will be available.
For Directions  http://www.lrgc.org/html/location.html
Admission is $15

Sponsors:  WoolrichElite    Woolrich Elite Series clothing will be on sale at a discount to those attending TheRallyPoint.

www.secton8tactical.com

I'll be asking people for insight on a few Section8Tactical products and asking for feedback on them.   Anyone that has a 20-25mm flashlight should bring it out.   Anyone that shoots IDPA may be interested in playing with the Ultimate Retention Devices.  I'll have a few of them with me.  Anyone that shoots red-dot or Eotech optics will be interested in the Tac-Pacs.

TheRallyPoint event tends to be informal, and there will be plenty of time to socialize, but since the www.lrgc.org is very big, we decided to join forces with http://www.rwva.org/  to further our cause.  We will  be having a Mini-Appleseed clinic
http://www.therallypoint.org/forum/index.php?topic=648.msg3821#msg3821

Training:  NRA Certified Firearms instructors will be available to instruct new shooters. If you have friends or family members that want to learn how to handle a firearm, please help further our cause and invite them to come out.  This is a family friendly event.

Appleseed will be conducted between 8:30am-1pm at  The big bore (100y / 200y) range. You will be allowed to shoot along side those taking the Clinic and the range will be entirely open when the Appleseed Clinic is over.

Competitions:  This will be an informal shoot.  Several STaff members of TRP.org will be shooting trap, so bring your shotguns this time.

Theme: Rifleman boot camp. Bring out your favorite rifle and practice with others.   If you have something unique to add to the Rifleman firearm theme, please let us know what you are bringing.

Please note:

There are sponsors for this event that are contributing to the event and helping to keep costs down,  please do not show up and open up a store front on the firing line and start selling things. If you have something of value to  the members of TRP please contact me first.  If you are interested in sponsoring future TheRallyPoint, please feel free to contact me.

Secondly, The board at LRGC asked that we not allow the buying and selling of firearms on their property.  These shoots look like gun shows, but we do not want to bring in unwanted attention.  Feel free to network and build friendships, but please do the transfering of firearms off LRGC's property.

Meet us at TheRallyPoint!!

P.S.
Please let us know if you are coming so we know how much food to bring.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 10:09:41 pm by Jamie Young »

Mr Jody Hudson

• Blue Ridge
    • Cutting Edge Realtor - Rehoboth Beach Real Estate and Delaware Beach area real estate homes for sale and properties
Re: Coming soon - The Rally Point at LRGC (Again) Saturday August 26th
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 07:48:51 pm »
That last one was GREAT fun.  I look forward to the next one!

dave_in_delaware

• Blue Ridge
    • My GunStuff
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 02:24:02 pm »
Will there be special sponsors there, or a mini-appleseed clinic again, or an armorer demo, etc. there again? Just curious. I do remember last August's meet. It was awesome. I just hope it's not insanely hot this year.

I actually have that weekend "kid-free" so I should be able to go. And hopefully my fiancee will be healed and recovered enough to join me.  ;D

Hey, Jody, if you're going, would you like another hotel stay? I'll bring the Savage (w/ scope now!) along.  ;)

Thanks Jamie, for all your efforts in organizing these meets. I know everyone has such a great time.
Dave
Co-Founder & Moderator
Delaware Open Carry

DE Constitution: Article I: § 20: "A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use."

You have to be prepared to do the violence in order to survive the violence.

The Rally Point

• Booshway
    • www.therallypoint.org
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 03:07:28 pm »

I guarantee there will be lots of fun there.

Sponsors won't be announced until the end of July, but I have special requests to bring in ammo experts.   Possible some very interesting people from the industry will be out.  We've had them before and we'll have them again.

I'm hoping to ALWAYS have an Appleseed Clinic at TRP shoots.   Barry Burton has signed on again, and he will be making a detailed announcement in a few days/weeks.

Don't worry about the heat.   If it's all that hot, I'll make sure we have ice cream and Popsicles there.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 03:09:02 pm by Jamie Young »

vf1000ride

• Mid-Atlantic
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 05:20:36 pm »
Gotta start saving up for another big ammo bill.  ;D

I will try my best to be there again this time.  Might even get over to the pistol range and say hi to those guys also.  ;)

Mr Jody Hudson

• Blue Ridge
    • Cutting Edge Realtor - Rehoboth Beach Real Estate and Delaware Beach area real estate homes for sale and properties
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 07:34:28 pm »
Well... BECAUSE of the last meet and the Appleseed... I now have a new 700 and a pretty nice scope in 22-250.  More ammo is needed...

Yes, Dave, I would LOVE to take advantage of your hotel and would love to drive you and your lady in my limo, in exchange.  With you as navigator!  We make a good team and I would love to get to know your lady better!  The drive would be a good way to converse, as well as in the Dave in Delaware Exclusive Hotel.  ;D

dave_in_delaware

• Blue Ridge
    • My GunStuff
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 10:42:42 am »
Well Jody, it sounds like a plan then. I'll email you for details (times, etc) later...

It's on my calendar as a definite go! I can't wait. I know it'll be a great time.

thanks again, Jamie!
Dave
Co-Founder & Moderator
Delaware Open Carry

DE Constitution: Article I: § 20: "A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use."

Pacer

• Referee
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 04:33:08 pm »
HEY TEAM!

Yes, I'll be there again in August with a second "installment" of the Appleseed Plan of Instruction.

Folks who were there last month seemed to have a great time, so the bar is raised, and I've got to do something a little more intense (GG) to keep the interest. Well, here is my plan...
(subject to adjustment until the fat lady sings)

Newbies and old salts will meet at the 200 yard firing point on August 26 at 8:30 AM for the safety briefing and firearm safety check.

Assistance in range set up will be welcomed at 7:30 (we'll have to move some target frames and they get too heavy for me personally....heart problem)

The range can go HOT at 9:00. Late arrivals will be required to wait until the next 'break' in COF for the safety checks.

We'll start with a 100 yard AQT to spice up our cold bore zero's.

Then we'll concentrate on the standing /offhand position at 25 meters for about an hour or so, complete with forced changes in position, (like grounding the firearm, walking to the rear deck, climbing back onto the firing line, and launching 5 rounds, before we do the movement thing again) and magazione changes.

Why you say? Because offhand is a position most used for CQB or E&E!

We'll follow that with a bit of sitting/kneeling from standing instruction and practice (better to effectively use cover, Grandma-ma)

And finally our 'sustained fire" prone from standing.

The final 'instruction' event will be AQT run the logical way, the way you would actually do it in a conflict type event.

You'll snipe with ten rounds on a 400 yard man size equivlent silhouette placed at 200 yards from established prone (slow fire), empty the rifle, stand, shoulder arms with opoen bolt indicators in, and walk to the trailer and back again, assume prone position and fire at a 300 yard equivelant target placed at 200, from standing to prone. Empty again, walk to the trailer, come back, assume sitting or kneeling and smack 200 yard full size targets.  Then stand and smack the 100 yard full size dudes.

The grand finale, for those interested in a little play, will be to shoot 400 500 and 600 yard targets placed on the 200 yard line as a FIRE TEAM, three shooters per team. Top score gets bragging rights, and any thing else I can beg for a prize (GG)

OK, OK., This COF is NOT fair tothe .22LR shooters. Let me know who you are before the event, and I'll set up equivelent COF at the 50 and 100 yard distances (even a well zero'd 22LR can do that!)

PS: If anyone has non-metallic poppers, we can set those up for an additional challenge.

PPS: Anyone who has access to 20 inch and 10 inch wide silhouette targets, I'd be beholden!

Pacer

dave_in_delaware

• Blue Ridge
    • My GunStuff
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 04:43:36 pm »
I was about to cry there Pacer (about this being too much for my rifle), until I read the last part of your post.

I do have a .22LR rifle w/ scope. I'd love to "enter" this thing w/ my new Savage to see how it does.

Also, what sort of silhouette targets do you need? I might have some, or be able to make and print some. Let me know by sending me a PM (w/ a link to an example of what you're looking for as far as "silhouette").

And, I had taken the liberty of converting the AQT target from the last shoot into a vector-based format (AutoCAD) for ease of scalability. now it's a 2 page letter sized pdf for easy printing. I could bring some of those along, too.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 04:48:11 pm by dave_in_delaware »
Dave
Co-Founder & Moderator
Delaware Open Carry

flyingn

• Mid-Atlantic
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 08:56:49 pm »
hopefully Il be there!

Frank
Beretta 8000f Inox, S&W 686 6", Armscor 1911A1, Beretta 92fs, Alchemy Spectre, S&W 22A 7", Taurus Tracker .17HMR, Firestorm ultra compact 9mm.. All stainless

http://tinyurl.com/7zoma

m225

• Blue Ridge
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 07:53:36 am »
YESSSS!!!!!! I'll be there, had a great time at the other shoot.If you could send info on were to get the 10'' and 20'' targets you are looking for I'll pick the up.HAY,I won't get lost this time and will be on TIME. Thanks to all that make the shoots happen.

Mark54g

• Booshway
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 11:49:19 am »
Sorry for being MIA for a while, I was in Iowa (wife's family reunion).  Back to business as usual here.  I'll have to see what I can do about coming down for another shoot.  Last time, the drive was pretty intense, but after touring 1000 miles, its probably a cakewalk to get to langhorne.

Mark

Norton

• Referee
    • Maryland Shall Issue - Self Defense for Maryland
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 02:08:20 pm »
Looks like I'm in.  I think Spot77 is coming as well.

Dead

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Ghost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 09:42:57 pm »
Count me in +3 hopfully.  :o
NRA Certified Instructor
AK Addict #1.
Trainer of a Twin.

wayneborngesser

Re: TheRallyPoint at LRGC- Saturday August 26th
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2006, 10:53:56 pm »
I volunteer for "grunt" duty moving targets and such at  7:30 ;D No fun watchin' the instructor[Barry] clutch his chest and wheeze "I'm O.K, just give me a minute" too nice a guy/instructor to lose that way :o
Wayne